As we were planning Mitch's interviews we scheduled them so that we could be in Utah over Thanksgiving. We were excited to spend the holiday with our families. Brian, Stacey and Kai came for the week from Virginia, Katelin, Bryant and the girls drove down for a week from Oregon, and Colton moved back from Kansas shortly before. This meant that we were all there for a few days together. It had been quite a long time since we had all been together. It had been since before Colton headed to basic training, which was about a month before we moved to Louisville. Since then a few little ones have joined the family. This was the first time Mitch met Avery in person (Katelin's little girl, who will be 2 in March)!
It was also the first time Mitch met his brother Nate's little guy, Ryker (2 in January). And the girls and I were able to meet Lynlee (turned 1 in October), Mitch's sister's little girl. The day before Thanksgiving Nikki and Matt decided they were going to drive up from Arizona. We were able to see them that night and on Thanksgiving. I'm so glad they decided to come! It was so fun to have all of the cousins play together.
Thanksgiving morning the guys played some football. I wanted to play, but instead I made some pies. I decided to make Derby Pie, a Kentucky favorite, for everyone.
My pies!
They turned out pretty good.
Love Derby pie.
We had Thanksgiving dinner and spent the day with Mitch's family. We headed to Mitch's uncle's in Spanish Fork for dinner with all of his aunts, uncles and cousins. There were SO many people. It was crazy, but so fun. It was good to see everyone.
Little Lynlee! So cute!
Lynlee is quite the mommy's girl.
So, I had to get a little creative to get some pictures with her.
Makenzie just loved her!
Eating all the yummy food!
There was SO much food.
Alex and Susan
Alex with Grandma & Grandpa!
Nikki and I
Alex with Lynlee and Uncle Matt
Such cute little girls!
We took a family photo!
Mitch's cousin's wife took a great one for us.
I'll post it when I get a copy.
The four of us!
Cousins!
First picture of all of them together.
After dinner in Spanish Fork we headed to my parents for dessert and games. We had a good time hanging out. Later on the guys ran to Walmart to check out their black Friday (rather Thursday) sales. Then even later my mom, sisters and I headed out on an all-nighter shopping trip. This was by far the craziest black Friday shopping I've ever done!
Alex with Aunt Kate
Colt and Dano
Kenz with Grandpa
Such a cute little thing!
Love my little turkey!
The ladies out shopping!
Poor Kate was SO tired.
Sisters!
It was a good Thanksgiving and we have so much to be thankful for! We have truly been blessed with wonderful families and such great friends. I really want to focus on the positive things in life and to remember all of our blessings. Because we truly are blessed!
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)

It was great we all got to be together! You all gave me a hard time for not lasting on our Black Friday shopping, but now you all know I was sick and pregnant. So I think I did pretty well going to 5am!!! It was a fun Thanksgivin. I just need to not be so passive and speak up ;)
ReplyDelete