Thursday, February 28, 2013

christmas ornaments

December 17

Once home from our forever long trip, I started working immediately and a lot. Taking over a month off isn't so great for the budget. I had planned on putting up our Christmas decorations before we left, but that just didn't happen. So between shifts at work I had to get Christmas set up. When setting up the tree, I discovered that our lights were burnt out. When I went to replace them, most of the lights were sold out and I ended up getting white lights with white cords. It didn't look as bad as I was anticipating. And because I set everything up so late, it stayed up longer than usual.

One of our traditions is getting the girls each an ornament each year. This is one of my favorite things to do for the girls!

Makenzie's ornament was Belle.
Most definitely an obsession of hers for the majority of the year!

 
 
I couldn't find a baby's first Christmas ornament that I liked.
(Most of the ones I did were sold out)
So, I made hers from some baby booties of hers.
I don't love it, but it works.

 
 
Our decorated tree!
All of Makenzie's ornaments were bunched together in the front.

No comments:

Post a Comment