As mentioned in an earlier post, this year I turned 30. On August 15 to be exact. I won't lie, I haven't been too excited about this. It's not that 30 is bad, it's just weird that I've reached that point. After thinking about everything I've been able to do, it's not so bad being 30. I got married, graduated with a Bachelor's degree, have had 2 kids, supported my husband through med school, bought our first house, and have made numerous memories. Ya, turning 30 isn't so bad. Hopefully there is still a lot of great things a head for me. I don't want all of the big things to be behind me.
Birthday gift to myself.
New hair color and cut.
I told Mitch that he should surprise me with a trip to Disneyland to celebrate being young. He wasn't up for that. And realistically, it wasn't a possibility. I didn't expect much for my birthday. Mitch doesn't plan much and hates anything that resembles a party. Plus, our kids were in Utah with family, Mitch was working all day, and we would be driving down that night for the week.
I started the day off by driving Mitch to the hospital for a C-section. Since we would be driving to Utah later he wanted me to pick him up from the clinic when he was off for the day. That meant driving him to work. The night before he mentioned that would be at 5:30am for a C-section. I would then pick him up around 7:30 and take him to the clinic. I didn't think it was worth it to go home and then back, so I decided to hang out at the hospital. It ended up that Mitch's C-section was pushed back a little which meant that we had breakfast together at the hospital café. After Mitch completed his C-section, I drove him over to the clinic.
The rest of the day I got us all packed up for our week in Utah, ran errands and baked my birthday cake (family tradition that I bake the cake). Once everything was done I headed back to the clinic to pick up Mitch. I was surprised when the nurses and residents knew it was my birthday. I was even given flowers and a gift. So sweet.
Krista, myself and Corissa.
So fun to have them come celebrate my birthday!
Oh - Brad and our friends Justin and Donny came too :)
Following dinner we drove to Nate and Melissa's, where our girls were. I was excited to see them after them being away for 10 days. Makenzie, Alex, Madyson and Ryker decorated the cake that I had baked. It turned out great! Very 'Harry Potterish'.
After cake and visiting for a bit we headed to Mitch's parents' house to get some sleep. The next morning we were heading to the Mendenhall family cabin for a few days of fun. It was a nice, low-key day. Hopefully my 30's are as great as my 20's were!






No comments:
Post a Comment