The morning of July 4th I took the girls to the parade. Unfortunately, Mitch was working nights so he was home sleeping. We got to the parade route and I was happy to get a spot where we could see, but sit back and watch. The parade started and I was shocked about what happened next. Everyone stood up and walked out into the street. If we stayed in our chairs we couldn't see anything. It was pretty ridiculous. I had to stand out there to make sure my girls didn't get knocked over. The girls had fun, but I'm not sure we'll do this parade again next year.
My red, white and blue girls!
That evening we went to our neighbor's for a BBQ. Mitch was able to for dinner. It was nice to visit and eat good food. The girls enjoyed playing with the other kids. Later that night Mitch headed into work. I opted out of taking the girls to watch the fireworks, but my sweet neighbors took Makenzie along with them. Alex and I enjoyed a quiet end to our day and Makenzie had the best time!
We hope you all had a wonderful 4th!

No comments:
Post a Comment