Saturday, July 4, 2015

the nutcracker 2015

December 20

For almost every Christmas that I lived in Utah, we would go see the Utah Regional Ballet perform the Nutcracker at BYU. After getting married, they no longer performed the Nutcracker, so we started going to Capital Theater. Last year was the first year in several that I went to the Nutcracker. My mom and Kylie came up to Pocatello and we saw it performed at ISU. After doing a little research I discovered that the Utah Regional Ballet was performing the Nutcracker again in Provo (not at BYU though).

I contacted my mom about going and taking my grandma to it again. Since I was 4 or 5 I had been going to the Nutcracker each Christmas with my mom and grandma. I wanted to be able to share the tradition with going with my grandma with Makenzie. My grandma's health has been declining over the last several years and I don't know when it'll be her last chance to go.

The girls and I drove down to Salt Lake on Friday. My dad watched Alex while the rest of us went to the Nutcracker on Saturday. The day went really well and it was almost like how it had be all those years before. We started with lunch at the Brick Oven. We needed Katelin there to order root beer in a boot mug and a sucker when lunch was over!

Following lunch we headed over to BYU for a quick stop in the bookstore. We needed to pick up a few snacks! We then headed over to the performance. It was good, but a little long for Makenzie. Luckily, we had treats and my cousin Devyn!



The group.
Just missing Katelin and my cousin Taylor (she's serving a mission).




It ended up being a really good day. It was fun to be able to take Makenzie and to go with my Grandma again. I look forward to keeping this tradition alive with my girls. Maybe next year Alex will be old enough to sit through it. Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment