Saturday, September 11, 2010

18 Months - Yesterday!

Yesterday Makenzie turned 18 months old! I can't believe how fast time is going by. She is growing up so fast! Mitch was able to come with Makenzie and I to her 18 month check up. We switched doctors a few months ago (because I completely hated her previous one) to the pediatricians Mitch worked with this summer. Dr. Lewis and Dr. Hart won Makenzie over the first time she met them. All of the nurses knew Mitch and had Makenzie and I while Mitch was working there for his externship. So when we got there everyone was excited to see her and Makenzie just loved all of the attention! Here are her stats:

Height - 31" (40th percentile)
Weight - 23 lbs 8 oz (30th percentile)
Head Circumference - 19" (90th percentile)


So she is still a little one with a giant head. What I thought was funny is that she was only 19.5" long when born and now her head is almost that. Crazy! Dr. Lewis told us that we have a perfect child (Something I think every parent wants to hear)! Shortly after, she was in the hall saying hi to the nurses and doctors and she got mad at me and turned and said "No!" Way to ruin the perfectness!

Makenzie LOVES to draw! I'm amazed at how well she holds the pen!



Makenzie and I (with Mitch in the background). I'm not very good at taking pictures of myself.



Our silly little girl!



My cute 18 month old! Nursery on Sunday! We are all really excited!



And since it is September 11th I wanted to just say thank you to all of the servicemen and women. We are so blessed to have those willing to fight and defend our freedoms and country. Also, thank you to the firefighters and police officers who don't get enough credit for what they do everyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment