Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Block 1 Update

Mitch took his first block exam for the year on Friday. 8 hours of testing does not sound fun to me. This block exam covered three classes. He did well for one of the classes and not as well as he hoped on the others (but still just fine). I am super proud of him. I think he has been doing a great job. It isn't easy to balance everything he needs to. Sometimes I feel like I am hindering his studying. He is sacrificing a lot to be doing school. The number one thing he wishes he could do is spend more time with Makenzie. Most of his time at home he still needs to do some studying. This year they are covering a lot more material in each block. The classes he is taking this year he did not take a version of during his undergrad, which is causing them to be more stressful. On top of classes and studying he has been tutoring the first years in anatomy, attending a surgical suture clinic, he's the secretary of the AMSA, and working on a research project. And as I have mentioned before, Mitch works with the Cub Scouts every Wednesday night. With everything going on I rarely see him. I do work 3-4 nights a week which is when he is home. When I am at work though, he does get some daddy daughter time with Makenzie, which both Mitch and Makenzie love.

I don't want this to be a complaint about medical school. We knew this was what is right for our family. It is just stressful at times. I wish there was more I could do to help Mitch out. He has a lot on his plate. I am so proud of how well he is doing and how much he is accomplishing.

This pass weekend was a little more relaxing and we got to spend some time together. We tried to take Makenzie to a park to play for a while, but she fell asleep in the car. So we ended up just going through a drive-thru to get lunch and headed back home to watch some shows together. It was a nice few hours to spend together. Starting on Monday, Mitch was right back into the craziness of school!

No comments:

Post a Comment