Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Cookie Dough Brownies

While Mitch was working at Ruby Tuesday there was a bartender that made a lot of treats and would bring them into work. One time she brought in Cookie Dough Brownies. Mitch brought one home to me to try and then got the recipe and said I needed to learn how to make them. Every time I have made them they have been a huge hit! I took in some extras to work and everyone loved them. So much that one of the cooks asked me to make some for a party and paid me $20. My boss has asked me to make them for her Bonco night in October. Last night I made them for a little girl's night and my friends asked for the recipe. So I thought I would share it with everyone! If you haven't had cookie dough brownies you should really try them. They are delicious!

COOKIE DOUGH BROWNIES

The brownies:

2 c. sugar
1 c. oil
1 1/2 c. flour
4 eggs
1/2 c. cocoa
2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. salt

In a mixing bowl, combine sugar, flour, cocoa & salt. Add oil, eggs & vanilla; beat at med. speed for 3 min. Stir in nuts if desired (I have never put in nuts). Pour into a greased 9x13 baking pan. Bake at 350 for 30 min. or until brownies test done. Cool completely.

Cookie Dough Filling:

1/2 c. butter, softened
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. sugar
2 Tbsp. milk
1 tsp. vanilla
1 c. flour

Cream butter & sugars in mixing bowl. Add milk & vanilla, mix well. Beat in flour, spread over brownies. Chill until firm.

Chocolate Glaze:

1 c. chocolate chips
1 Tbsp. shortening

Melt chocolate chips & shortening in a saucepan, stirring until smooth. Spread over filling. Chill until set. Store in fridge.


ENJOY!

1 comment: