After having Alex, and to be honest before, I haven't felt great about myself at times. I haven't been happy with my body, how physically in shape I'm in, how I am as a mother, the house we live in, my clothes, how spiritual I am. The list could go on forever. Maybe it's winter blues or from all of the hormones of being pregnant and having a baby. Now these feelings aren't all the time. In fact, I even feel great about some of these things at times. But then it seems I notice someone else doing them "better." Why is it that as women we are constantly comparing ourselves to others? Our situations are completely different and we truly don't know what their lives are like.
Then, this morning as I was reading a few blogs I came across this
post. I'm glad I took the time to read it. I know I'm still going to doubt myself at times and even still compare myself. But I'm definitely going to work harder at remembering my strengths and work towards strengthening my weaknesses.

And on a positive note, spring is basically here. And who doesn't feel great when it's warm outside and the trees are blossoming?
I am with you Linds! It sucks that we think that way, but you are awesome. I am always comparing my mothering skills to you! You are always doing fun activities and things with Makenzie. You are an awesome Mom!
ReplyDelete