On Saturday the 17th we attended our ward Christmas party. It was a nice dinner where we were able to mingle with the members of our ward. After dinner we sang a few Christmas carols and during the last one, "Santa Claus is coming to town" a special visitor arrived, Santa himself. Makenzie was sitting with some friends, with their 10 month old daughter on her lap. When she saw Santa, she pushed little Caroline off her lap and took off running towards him. We were near the back of the gym and she ran all the way up to the front. I couldn't get to her fast enough, and she made it to Santa and had him pick her up. I knew she liked Santa, but I didn't know she loved him that much. Santa then sat down and had all of the kids come sit on his lap. I made Makenzie stand in line and wait her turn. That had to be the longest 10-15 minutes of her life. She kept trying to run back to him. The few times she got away she would run up to him and just stand in front of him and stare. Finally, it was her turn to sit on Santa's lap. He asked her what she wanted him to bring her for Christmas. Makenzie replied, "a box." Santa was a little taken back and asked what kind of box. Makenzie said, "one Kenzie fits in." So, Santa asked what else he could bring her and she said, "oranges!" Mitch and I had asked her before what she wanted for Christmas. One time she told me she wanted Grandpa for Christmas, but other than that she hasn't said anything. So, we both thought it was really funny that she said a box and oranges.
Oh wow!!! I am so terrible about keeping up haha :)
10 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment