Tuesday, January 24, 2012

makenzie & mommy fun day

For the last several weeks I have been wanting to take Makenzie out to do some fun things just her and me. I guess I wanted some fun time with Makenzie before the baby comes. I always seemed to be needing to do something or having errands that needed to get done and we didn't get it in. My goal last week was to take her to Kazoing (an awesome bounce house place). Well, I came down with a bad cold/flu and wasn't able to take her.

After spending the weekend couped up I decided yesterday we were getting out. Some friends of ours were planning on going to Kazoing, so I made sure we went as well. Makenzie had a blast playing with her friends, going down the slides, and jumping her heart out! I was tempted to do a little jumping myself :)

After leaving Kazoing Makenzie and I headed to Graeter's for some ice cream. Makenzie loved her scoop of cookies and cream ice cream. I had a chocolate shake, but with how congested I still am I couldn't really taste it. Sad. The coldness was great though.

I did have to go to the bank, but Makenzie thought that was part of her fun day. She walked in and said hi to all of the employees and they gave her a sucker.

After being out all morning my energy was basically gone (not fun being 39 weeks pregnant with a cold), so we headed home. We had lunch, took a nap, watched a movie, put together puzzles, and made dinner together. I think it was a great day and think Makenzie thinks so as well. She told Mitch that she got to go jump with friends, get ice cream and go to the bank for a sucker!

We are all excited for the baby to arrive (including Makenzie), but I can't help but be a little worried about all of the changes that are going to come as well. I hope that once the babe comes that I'll still be able to find time for Makenzie and Mommy fun time.

No comments:

Post a Comment