My plan was to make Makenzie a felt mat for Christmas. I had made one for two of my nieces for their birthdays and Makenzie loved them. I knew my mom was going to be getting her some princess, fairies and Toy Story figurines and the mat would be perfect to play with those on. I had been really busy the months leading up to Christmas and kept putting it off. I kept telling myself that I had made two before and would be able to knock it out pretty quick. I was completely wrong. A week before Christmas I had very little done for the mat. The two nights before Christmas I stayed up late working on it. On Christmas Eve I realized I wasn't going to get it done. Not even close. I was so bummed and felt like a terrible mother. This was one of the only gifts that was planned to be given to her from "mom & dad." On Christmas I pulled out the pieces I had done and let her play with it. She seemed to really like it! A week and a half after Christmas I finally finished it. And I love how it turned out!
The complete mat!
Rapunzel's tower
The castle
Pixie Hollow for the Fairies (wish I had thought of this for the other mats)
A Mermaid Lagoon
Makenzie playing with it!
My original plan included a back side for the Toy Story figurines and her Cars. I'm still planning on doing it, but for now the Princess/Fairy one will have to do!
I am the wife and Mitch is the resident. Makenzie and Alex are our amazing little girls. Mitch graduated medical school and we moved to Pocatello, ID for residency. These are our adventures!
I love these mats you made! They are so cute! You need to teach me how to make them.
ReplyDeletei love it! what a great idea. you are super crafty!!!
ReplyDelete