After being moved to our recovery room the nurse bathed Alex. Makenzie wanted to be a part of everything, so she was able to watch and even help a little bit.
After Alex and I were settled in, Mitch and Makenzie picked me up some food from the cafeteria (I hadn't eaten in over 24 hours - apparently 3 oreos right before going to the hospital doesn't count). They then headed home for the night.
The next day Makenzie spent the morning time at our good friend Katie's house while Mitch did some school stuff. After lunch they headed back up to the hospital. I was glad they came because I was bored there by myself.
Later in the evening my good friends Ad'Lynn and Annie came to visit. It was great to have some friends come and to be able to chat! At this point we finally decided on the name, Alexandria Mae Mendenhall. Once Alex was back from her assessment Mitch and Makenzie headed home for the night and I tried to get some sleep. I sent Alex to the nursery during the night and had them bring her back when she needed to eat. The next morning Mitch and Makenzie headed back up to the hospital and to help me get ready to go home.
I was able to be checked out around noon. I was so glad to be going home. Mitch is working at our pediatrician's office for his pediatric rotation and they gave him the week off to spend with us. It was nice knowing he would be home with us for a bit. It still felt a little crazy that we were heading home with another little one! But we were all really excited that she was finally here!

So much fun! The picture you say you love how Makenzie is looking at Alex, I love her sweet little hand on her back. I love kids little hands and the way they look when they are doing stuff :) They look so cute in their matching outfits, well done Mitch.
ReplyDeleteP.S.- The jammies Makenzie is wearing in the first pictures are adorable ;)