Friday, February 10, 2012

meeting baby sister

Shortly after Alex was born, Kris and Corissa were able to bring Makenzie to the hospital to meet her. I felt like something was missing before Makenzie came and I just wanted her to meet her. When Makenzie walked into the room, she was very apprehensive. We had sent a picture of Alex and I to Kris and Corissa and they showed it to Makenzie. They said that she looked at it and then said, "where is my mommy?" They said she was a little jealous. When Makenzie came in I was holding Alex and she didn't really want to see her. So I handed Alex to Mitch and he took the girls to the couch for Makenzie to hold her.

Once Makenzie had Alex on her lap she totally lit up. She held her for a minute and then was done, but then asked to hold her again. Now, she could hold Alex all day if we let her. She loves her baby sister (it just took a little bit to warm up to her)!





Our first picture as a family of 4!
I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment