On February 1st we took Alex to the pediatrician for her first visit. She was a little jaundice so they tested her billirubin, but the results came back completely normal. When they weighed her she had dropped down to 7 lbs. When we had left the hospital she was 7 lbs 3 oz. I was told to feed her at least every 3 hours until her 2 week visit (to make sure she gets back to her birth weight). She checked out great and we have a healthy babe!
Five days after she was born, her umbilical cord fell off. Not because it was ready to, but it had been getting caught on blankets and clothes. So there was a little bleeding and then it would ooze green. The following Monday (Feb 6) I had to take Makenzie to the pediatrician so Dr. Lewis checked Alex's bellybutton. She ended up cauterizing it. It most likely wouldn't close on its own. We also noticed that she has a small umbilical hernia. I was really worried that she was in pain, but she was just fine.
Alex has been eating and sleeping really well. Although I'm suppose to wake her up every 3 hours to feed her, at night she has had some spurts of 4 hours. I'm totally ok with that. At the two week mark if she gained her weight I won't have to worry about waking her up to feed her.
Alex has a lot of the same features that Makenzie had as a baby. The major difference is their head shape. Makenzie's was super round and she had a more prominent brow. But, their eyes, nose and mouth are the same. Alex does a lot of facial expressions that remind me of Makenzie as a baby. She also has the longest little fingers and toes. We're not quite sure where she gets those from.
We just think that Alex is so adorable and we all just love her to pieces (especially Makenzie)!

I think that she is adorable too. I would freak to if green ooze was coming out of my babies bellybutton. I'm glad she is a healthy baby :)
ReplyDeletethat picture of her is sooo cute! I want to hold her so badly and give her lots of love!
ReplyDelete