Since I'm talking about Mitch I'll give a little update on how medical school is going. He is currently working on his surgery rotation. It's early mornings and long hours. On-call days are 28 hours straight. He's at the Kosair Children's Hospital and in a week will be heading to the VA. He is currently working out his rotations for fourth year. He was able to pick most of his rotations in areas related to the field he'll be doing his residency in. Mitch has chosen to apply for residencies primarily in OB and then some Family Medicine ones. We want to head back west to be closer to our families, so most of the programs applied to will be out that way. We have started looking into residency programs to decide which ones we'll apply to. It's crazy to think that a year from now Mitch will go through the match and we'll know where we'll be going. It's also crazy to think that Mitch only has just over a year left of medical school. One more year filled with his step 2 exams, residency applications and interviews. Should be fun!
Oh wow!!! I am so terrible about keeping up haha :)
10 years ago

Mitch is seriously AMAZING! Way to go Mitch. I'm excited to hear where he'll be and what he'll be doing. So fun.
ReplyDeleteCongrats Mitchell!!!! He truly is amazing, a great father and husband, and a hard worker. Sure love you guys and can't wait to hear where you will be for residency.
ReplyDelete