I can't find the tutorial I used, but here's what I did. I put 2 tablespoons vinegar and 7 drops food coloring in a ziploc bag and mixed together. I then added about 1 cup of pasta and mixed until the pasta was coated with the color. I then set the bags on the table for a couple of hours to let the color absorb. After a few hours I opened up the bags to allow the pasta to dry overnight. This is where I ran into problems. The pasta didn't dry very well so I ended up pouring the pasta out on paper towels and let them dry for the whole day. I think it was the next day that I was able to put them away because they were dry.
I made quite a bit so I have them for several activities. So far we have just made necklaces with some of them. Makenzie loved putting them on a string and then wearing the finished product. I plan on using them for some sorting activities (sort by color or shape) and to make pictures by gluing them on paper. Hopefully they'll provide hours of fun and learning!

No comments:
Post a Comment