Wednesday, April 18, 2012

easter EGG-stravaganzas

April 6

A friend in our ward held an easter play date at her house. We had lunch, the kids made a bunny craft (Makenzie wasn't interested in doing it) and had an easter egg hunt. It was a lot of fun to get together with our friends for a little easter fun! Thanks Laura for hosting.


Eating lunch.




Finding eggs.




Makenzie showing me her bucket full of eggs.




Alex slept in her carseat the entire time.



April 7

For lunch I put the components of Makenzie's lunch in plastic easter eggs and hid them around her play room. I had seen the idea on pinterest and thought it would be fun. It wasn't as great as I thought, but that could just be because Makenzie wasn't in a cooperating mood.


Opening her eggs to find out what was for lunch.




Makenzie's lunch.



After lunch we dyed easter eggs. Mitch was able to come home for a few hours and help out. Makenzie was pretty much able to do it by herself with just a little help and some supervision.









Later that night I had to go to work and some friends agreed to watch the kiddos (Mitch was on call). A group of our friends were getting together at a park for a BBQ and easter egg hunt for the kids. Thank you to Kris and Corissa for taking the girls with them. Makenzie had a great time, but unfortunately Kris had to stop Makenzie from getting into some water. She's holding a little grudge for it. I think I need to teach her about forgiveness!

Although I felt a little behind on the easter stuff, we've had a good time celebrating!

No comments:

Post a Comment