Wednesday, April 18, 2012

easter morning

April 8

The girls and I got up easter morning and headed to church (Mitch was still at the hospital for call). The girls wore their beautiful easter dresses that Grandma Wotring got for them. They looked beautiful. Definitely the fanciest dress Makenzie has had. She loved it, especially the twirling! Our primary closet is in the nursery room. My friend Julie, the secretary, went in to get something. She told me that the other kids were playing, but Makenzie was just twirling and watching her dress poof up. She's such a cute kiddo!

While we were at church the easter bunny visited us. He hid easter eggs and set out the girl's baskets. Mitch also made it home from the hospital while we were at church. Makenzie was so excited to find the eggs when we made it home!


Makenzie before church. The bucket had to come with us.




Finding her easter eggs.




Love her face!




Makenzie and her easter basket. There was a bit of a princess theme to it. Included a hat, shorts, treats, necklaces, paper dolls and card games.




Cute Alex.




Alex's basket. Included an outfit, hat and binkys. The easter bunny was also kind enough to bring Alex a chocolate bunny to share with mommy and daddy!




Mommy and the girls.




Sisters in their matching dresses. I never thought I would like putting my girls in matching dresses, but they looked so cute together.




Daddy and Alex.




Alex in her beautiful dress.




Easter dinner. We had ham, mashed potatoes, veggies, deviled eggs and rolls. It was pretty yummy.



We had a wonderful easter spending time together as a family. Church was really great. It's always a hassle to get the girls and I to church without Mitch, but it was worth it. The talks were great. The week before easter I had a friend loose a baby at 24 weeks. It has been really hard for her and I had been wanting to do something for her. As I sat and listened I really felt that I should share the talk by President Monson that was the topic for the Sacrament meeting talks. It is a perfect message of comfort and a beautiful reminder of why we celebrate Easter. I hope the message of our Savior's resurrection and that we all can live again brought her some peace. I am grateful for this holiday to be reminded of these truths. I hope you all had the opportunity to reflect on our Savior's sacrifice and triumph over death this easter. Along with celebrating with chocolate bunnies and colorful eggs!



(Unfortunately, I didn't get our easter cards sent out - maybe our families will get them late.)

1 comment:

  1. They look so cute in their dresses! :) I like the girls to match every now and then too. So fun having little girls. Makenzie and Alex are beautiful! Makenzie looks like she really enjoyed her Easter.

    ReplyDelete