Friday, April 20, 2012

mini heart-shaped pies

In honor of Kentucky and Louisville playing each other in the Final Four I decided to make mini pies (I only had a heat-shaped cookie cutter). I got the idea from our best bites. I made blueberry pies for Kentucky and cherry pies for Louisville. I had to work during the game and thought it would be fun to take something to share. Here's how I made them!

I used pre-made pie filling and pie crust.



I cut out the heart shapes from the pie crust sheets and then spooned a little filling onto each one. I then used a little water and put it on the edges and topped with another crust piece.



I poked the tops with a fork, brushed them with some melted butter, sprinkled with dusting sugar and baked at 350 until golden brown.



They turned out great!



These little pies were super easy, but a little time consuming. Everyone at work loved them! We were cheering for Louisville, but unfortunately they didn't win. But, congrats to Kentucky on the win and their national championship! It was so much fun to be here for it all. The state of Kentucky loves their college basketball! Definitely something I'll remember about our time in Louisville.

No comments:

Post a Comment