Sunday, April 1, 2012

gettin' lucky in kentucky

March 17

We were lucky this year to have Dano visiting us on St. Patrick's Day. We picked her up from the airport that afternoon. We had a St. Patrick's Day feast, activity for Makenzie and movie for Dano and I. Mitch was on call (dang surgery rotation) and missed all of our fun!

The day started of with lucky charms for breakfast. Makenzie was excited there were marshmallows in her cereal! We spent our morning getting ready for Dano to arrive. We had a surprise trip to Kosairs Children's hospital to drop Mitch's phone off to him. Then, in the early afternoon we picked up Dano. As mentioned before, Makenzie was very excited!

After getting home Makenzie made a rainbow with marshmallows and fruit loops while Dano and I made a yummy feast for us to eat.

Working on her rainbow. She had a lot of fun making it, but more fun eating the cereal and marshmallows!





Our fruit rainbow. Fruit dip for a cloud and rolos for our pot of gold (thank you pinterest).



Sweet Alex with her green bow!



Our yummy feast! We had broccoli stuffed chicken, green mashed potatoes, irish soda bread, our fruit rainbow and green juice. It was all yummy and fun!



Dano and Makenzie. Makenzie wearing her rainbow shirt in honor of the day.



Another of Alex. She's just so darn cute!



Dessert! Oreo pudding trifle. It was so simple and delicious! I'm a little obsessed with making things in cups!



Happy St. Patrick's Day!



Makenzie had fun with all of our St. Patrick's day festivities, but I don't really think she knew what it was for. That's ok, as long as she had fun! Dano and I finished off the day by watching 'P.S. I Love You.' Good looking Irish men and scenes in Ireland, we thought it was fitting. Happy green day!

2 comments:

  1. You always do such cute stuff! I am excited cause Owen is now to the age where we can do stuff like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ash! I love seeing the things you do with Owen and your family. I need to come to Utah sometime so we can get together and so the kiddos could play.

      Delete