Thursday, January 12, 2012

nashville

December 30

During the week between Christmas and New Year's I only had one full day off of work. I worked a lot since Mitch would be home with Makenzie and we're trying to save for when I'll take time off with the baby. So, for my day off we decided to drive down to see Nashville. I thought that spending time in the car with my feet up would help reduce some of the swelling I was experiencing. I was completely wrong. I think I was even more swollen. The 2 1/2 hour drive also took a lot longer with a toddler and extremely pregnant person needing to make bathroom breaks. We finally made it and started at the Grand Ole Opry Hotel.

The hotel was amazing! It was still decorated for Christmas, which was fun. Makenzie loved all of the decorations! We noticed a bunch of fans from Mississippi State and Wake Forest. Mitch realized that the Music City Bowl was that night. The hotel was also hosting the National Cheerleading competition. We walked pass the competition and it seriously was like a scene from one of the Bring It On movies.

Inside part of the hotel.





Family picture! Yes, my face has gotten a little fat.



Part of the hotel outside of the ballrooms.



Makenzie was able to meet Gingy from Shrek.



And decorate another gingerbread house. The $10 kit wasn't worth it.



The giant Christmas tree. Makenzie told Mitch that it was too big for Kenzie. Can you see her?



There she is!



Outside the Grand Ole Opry. Makenzie kept calling the guitars big violins. I thought that was funny, and then realized she must know what violins are from Little Einsteins.





Our little cowgirl! She actually runs around the house saying she's a cowboy and "Yee haw!"



We drove through downtown. We were planning on walking around and seeing Titan stadium, but realized it was all blocked off because of the bowl game. We should have realized that when we saw all of the fans and teams at the hotel. Maybe another time.



We ate at a bar-b-q place south of Nashville. It was really good. Makenzie has become quite attached to her Daddy!



Overall, we had a fun time in Nashville. It was good to get out and see somewhere new. Next time I will definitely need to plan a little better and have somewhat of a game plan.

2 comments:

  1. That last picture of Mitch and Makenzie is the cutest thing ever! And that tree, oh my gosh, is huge. What a fun excursion.
    *Your face doesn't look fat, you look so little still*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't the Grand Ole Opry awesome. I went there for the HOSA national championship and LOVED it. What a fun little excursion. I agree with Katelin your face doesn't look fat.

    ReplyDelete